Connecting your MyWaitlist Account to PayPal will enable you to collect fees and automate the enrolment process. For example confirmation emails will be sent as soon as an enrolment fee has been cleared by PayPal. This avoids the need to check a bank account for money received and then manually sending a confirmation email. You can use your PayPal account to charge:
- Waitlist Registration Fee –
requests will automatically be accepted once payment is made
See here for information about collecting a waitlist registration fee.
- Enrolment fees such as bonds, security deposits and advance payments –
offers will automatically be confirmed once payment is made
You will need to first set up a PayPal premium or business account. To sign up with PayPal click here. Once you have created your PayPal account you can connect it to your MyWaitlist account by following the instructions below.
- Click on ‘Settings’ in the header menu
- Select ‘Paypal Settings’ in the LH menu
2. Click on "Connect with PayPal"
3. You will be directed to PayPal and prompted to enter your PayPal email address and password.
4. You will be prompted to grant permission to MyWaitlist. Click on "Grant Permission". You will then be directed back to Mywaitlist.
5. Specify whether you want to use PayPal for Bond/Advance fees and or Waitlist fees by checking on the relevant boxes.
6. If you specified to accept waitlist fees via PayPal, make sure you go to the Waitlist Fee page and specify an amount and check the box
7. If you specified to accept enrolment fees/bond/advance fee payments, make sure you insert the "Pay Bond / Accept Offer" link into your Offer Place email template (see here for instructions on editing email templates). This will provide parents with a payment link to pay the bond/advance fee.