MyWaitlist integrates with Kidsoft, a major CCMS provider and provides a way for some of your family data to be transferred to their system. The following support article shows you how to enable this if you do not wish to use the Kidsoft enrolment form. You will need to generate your centre's unique API keys to facilitate this integration.
What are API keys?
An API is an Application Programing Interface, that is, a software intermediary which allows two apps to talk to each other. MyWaitlist provides each childcare service with their own unique API Key. This key will allow other apps to access your waitlist data such as a family's enrolment information.
Where can I find my centre's API key to integrate with Kidsoft?
- Click on Settings in the header menu and select your particular centre using the pencil icon
- Click 'Centre Profile' from the left-hand side menu
- Click on 'API Keys' menu
- Copy the API code under the heading 'Kidsoft' to hand to your Kidsoft account manager
How to make sure MyWaitlist and Kidsoft can talk to each other with confirmed families:
During the setting up of your centre, it is important to ensure that all room names in MyWaitlist are EXACTLY the same as your Room names in Kidsoft.
Follow these steps in MyWaitlist to check your room names:
1. Click on the Settings icon on the top right side of your MyWaitlist screen and select your particular centre
2. Click 'Manage Rooms' on the left-hand sub menu
3. Edit room names to be exactly the same as the rooms in Kidsoft by clicking on the pencil icon to edit.*
The purpose of this is to ensure that there are NO data migration issues from MyWaitlist to Kidsoft. If there is a discrepancy at all, Kidsoft will alert you with an error such as "Files that need to be manually processed."
* Please note that you will need refer to your Kidsoft support base for the steps to check room names and default room booking types.