My SMTP settings are not working.
1. Check your username and password
You must enter the email address and the password, for the mailbox you are trying to access and send emails from. If you have updated your password recently, the MyWaitlist system will also need to have these updated credentials.
Once you have updated these credentials, ensure you 'Save' your changes before running any test emails.
2. Ensure you have selected the correct outgoing mail server and assigned the correct settings.
- Some users may be using the Microsoft Outlook software application to access another email service provider such as Gmail. Please ensure you configure your settings for your actual email server provider. Refer to the table listed below.
|Email Service Provider
|Outgoing Mail Server Name
|Microsoft Office 365
|Outlook / Hotmail / Live.com
4. (Microsoft 365 users only) - Allowing the MyWaitlist App to access your account
For Microsoft 365 clients, you will need to enable SMTP authentication within your account settings.
- Login to your 'Microsoft 365 Admin Center' (https://admin.microsoft.com/)
- Click 'Users' on the left-hand side menu and then 'Active Users'
- Choose the user for whom you want to enable this setting
- A pop-up window will appear. Click on the header tile 'Mail' and then click 'Manage email apps'
- Enable 'Authenticated SMTP' by marking the checkbox
- Save changes
**Note: if you do not have access to these settings, your organisation may have restricted your access. You will need to have an admin role. Please speak to your IT manager for assistance.
5. (Gmail users only) - Allowing the MyWaitlist App to access your account
For Gmail clients, you will need to allow access to our MyWaitlist app by decreasing your security settings and allowing 'less secure apps'.
See here for steps to undertake:
** Kindly note, if you have two-factor authentication turned on, this setting may be overridden.