A Booking Policy can be added to the Long Waitlist Form only and is used by centres for a number of reasons:
- To avoid families only enrolling on popular days i.e. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- To inform families of the centre's rules upfront to avoid possible miscommunication down the track.
- Booking policies tend to be enforced by centres with high occupancy that have few places left. When a centre is first starting out, they are often more flexible to ensure they have as many children attending as possible to increase their occupancy levels.
1. Add your policy under Settings > Long Waitlist Form > Booking Policy or Settings > Priority Questions > Booking Policy.
2. To add a minimum number of days, click the middle option > use the drop-down arrow to select your minimum requirement > press Save.
3. To add a combination of days that you will accept, click the 'Use Combination of Days' option > under 'Valid Day Combinations' click New:
4. The below screen will appear, add any combination of days your service requires then click Create. You can add as many combinations as needed.
5. When a parent is logged into their parent portal, the booking policy on the Long Waitlist Form is included in 'Step 3 - Care Needs' and is visible when the parent hovers over the 'see booking policy' link.
If the parent has selected days that fall outside of the Booking Policy created by the centre, they will be unable to submit the request until they adjust their care needs to fall within the policy.