You can add your own custom, priority questions to any of your enquiry forms.
Why are they useful?
Custom or priority questions are particularly useful if you prioritise enrolments based on additional factors such as a caregiver's employment or student status. They are also useful if you wish to gather additional data from your families such as food allergies or special requirements.
How to add Custom/Priority Questions
You can add up to 5 custom questions. To set up these questions, navigate to the "Priority Questions" menu in your centre settings, then enter three pieces of information:
- The label for the question (which will appear in your waitlist filter menu for future searches)
- The question itself (which will appear on your enquiry forms - check the form settings to ensure its turned on!)
- Answers separated by a comma (which will appear as a drop down list option in the form and in your waitlist filter menu). Families can select one answer only per question.
Please note; priority questions can not be added to Group Waitlist or Group Lead forms.
If you use our long waitlist form, the priority questions will automatically be added to the form for you.
- An example of setting up Priority Questions in Centre Settings
- Adding your Priority question to your enquiry waitlist forms or custom lead forms
- When searching for waitlists and leads, you may filter applications based on their answers to your priority questions.