|Transactional Messages||Marketing Messages|
According to the SPAM ACT, 2003, if you are sending a marketing message you must:
- Make it easy for people to unsubscribe from your electronic mailing lists.
- presents unsubscribe instructions clearly
- honours a request to unsubscribe within 5 working days
- does not require the payment of a fee
- does not cost more than the usual amount for using the address (such as a standard text charge)
- is functional for at least 30 days after you sent the message”
To read more about ANTI-SPAM laws, please click here.
An example of an unsubscribe instruction to include in your marketing SMS is below:
"To stop receiving messages from us, please SMS 0417 435 8374 or call the centre on 02 9053 4682 and let us know."