|Transactional Messages||Marketing Messages|
According to the SPAM ACT, 2003, if you are sending a marketing message you must:
- Make it easy for people to unsubscribe from your electronic mailing lists.
- presents unsubscribe instructions clearly
- honours a request to unsubscribe within 5 working days
- does not require the payment of a fee
- does not cost more than the usual amount for using the address (such as a standard text charge)
- is functional for at least 30 days after you sent the message”
To read more about ANTI-SPAM laws, please click here.
To unsubscribe a contact in your database, please see the following help article. You will be required to mark a checkbox titled 'Do Not SMS'.
Centres should include instructions at the end of their SMS message to enable users to opt out. An example of an unsubscribe instruction to include in your marketing SMS is below:
"To stop receiving messages, please SMS 0417 435 8374
or call the centre on 02 9053 46823."
How to turn ON and OFF SMS usage
To configure your SMS settings, please see the following help article.